As Tokyo gears up to host the 2020 Summer Olympics, one of the city’s most celebrated hotels – Palace Hotel Tokyo is getting into the spirit with Energizing Tokyo, a stay & spa package that comes replete with an à la carte menu of fitness pursuits – including swimming with an Olympian and a private meditation session with a Buddhist monk – to refresh both body and mind.
Forming the building blocks of a complete wellness getaway, the core elements of Palace Hotel Tokyo’s new fitness-focused package include:
* Two nights of accommodation in a Deluxe-with-Balcony Room or Executive Suite
* Daily breakfast at guests’ choice of Grand Kitchen and In-Room Dining.
* Choice of one of the following 90-minute experiences at Japan’s only evian SPA:
o Vitalizing Signature, a body treatment incorporating traditional Japanese seitai acupressure work with deep-tissue-style massage to improve energy flow,
o Celestial Therapy, a massage to improve the immune system and boost metabolism, or
o Mineral Therapy, a massage to ease tension and relax muscles
From there, guests have the flexibility to add their choice of physical or meditative pursuits (at additional charge) from an array of bespoke activities, including:
* A private two-hour swimming session with former Japanese Olympic swimmer and Asian Games medallist Hanae Ito in the hotel’s indoor pool.
* A private three-hour biking excursion led by Tokyo Great Cycling Tour, with the option to request a custom route based on neighbourhoods of interest and desired endurance level.
* A private three-hour jog around the city guided by Tokyo Great Running Tour which can be personalized based on areas of interest and preferred fitness level.
* A private two-hour kayaking outing hosted by Tokyo Great Kayaking Tour and tailored based on experience level and which parts of the city guests would like to explore by water.
* A private 60-minute Aqua Relaxation Experience in the hotel’s pool, a therapy which uses water for resistance for a workout that combines gentle stretching with more active movements, helping to improve strength and flexibility while also achieving deep relaxation.
And for those interested in more contemplative yet complementary conditioning, Palace Hotel Tokyo is also offering, in collaboration with TOKI, these one-of-a-kind experiences to relish:
* Two hours of private zen mediation with the head monk of a 400-year-old Buddhist temple.
* A private two-hour Japanese tea ceremony experience at a heritage home conducted by one of Japan’s legendary tea house masters – who is now over 90 years old.
* A private two-hour introduction to shodō, the art of Japanese calligraphy, by a highly decorated shodō artist.
The anchor to the hotel’s new wellness offering is the neighbouring Imperial Palace Gardens, whose perimeter doubles as a five-kilometre (three-mile) jogging or cycling track and where Energizing Tokyo guests can enjoy a leisurely ride on the hotel’s Bianchi brand bikes as part of the core package.
Package rates start from JPY 172,000 (package rates subject to taxes and service charge) for a Deluxe with Balcony room (based on single occupancy). Executive Suite bookings include Club Lounge access & privileges.
For more information or to make reservations, please visit: https://en.palacehoteltokyo.com/offer/energizing-tokyo-spa-and-wellness/
Palace Hotel Tokyo
Tokyo – Japan
Phone. +81 3 3211 5211