Four Seasons Resorts Bali presents five exclusive Four Seasons experiences that will inspire you to be ‘in the moment’. Ranging from water blessings to high-flying yoga and surf tours, you’ll be disconnecting from the internet and reconnecting to each other and the wonderful world around you.
Free WiFi is expected at five-star hotels nowadays, and is a standard inclusion for guests of Four Seasons Resorts Bali. But the paradox of the internet and social media can be a very anti-social holiday where our phones never leave our sides. Here are the Four Seasons experiences that will make you go offline.
1. Can You Keep A Secret? This exclusive temple tour is not on anyone’s bucket list. Four Seasons Resorts Bali asks guests to help the resorts keep it that way, by resisting the urge to post it on social media. If you agree, Four Seasons’s guide will take you on a scenic 3-hour tour from Four Seasons Sayan in an open-air vintage VW through nearby yet untouched rice farming villages. Visit historic sites include a secluded water temple where you are welcome to bathe, or simply to enjoy the serene and undiscovered atmosphere far from selfie sticks.
2. Learn to surf in the sheltered confines of Jimbaran Bay or take a boat trip to explore Bali’s world-class breaks with Tropicsurf’s coaches and guides. On-site at Four Seasons Jimbaran Bay, the Tropicsurf philosophy is based on small groups (maximum 4 people) and avoiding the crowds to take your surfing to the next level, faster. For the ultimate adventure, take Asia’s only heli-surfing tour to ride uncrowded waves in pristine conditions off the east coast of Java.
3. Bali is home to thousands of beautiful Hindu temples. Four Seasons Resorts Bali invites you to go beyond the most famous landmarks and explore hidden gems like the Goa Gong 9th Century cave temple. Open to visitors by appointment only, this natural archaeological site is nearby Four Seasons Jimbaran Bay. The resort priest Ajik Ngurah will be your guide to explore the cave’s shrines and stalactites, and can also arrange a melukat water purification ritual. Not something you want to be holding your phone for!
4. Discover the beauty of the Ayung – Bali’s longest river and part of the ancient UNESCO World Heritage-listed subak irrigation system. The guided Four Seasons Private Rafting Adventure takes you through easy rapids flanked by virgin jungle, rice terraces and majestic gorges. Hop out of your raft and let yourself float down a quiet and calm stretch of the river, gazing up into the canopy overhead. Make a riverside landing directly at Four Seasons Sayan, where they will be waiting to welcome you back home.
5. Experience the intimacy of Trust Yoga, the newest addition to the inspiring wellness program at Four Seasons Jimbaran Bay. Head to the ocean-front yoga pavilion and partner up with your soul mate, a friend or relative. Take turns being guide and flier, with postures that both require and build trust, strengthening your bond to each other and extending your practice. The resort’s yoga instructor will lead each couple through this joyful 75-minute class, adapting postures to suit all levels. A fun way to connect emotionally and physically to someone special in your life, and a reminder that the best connections are human connections.
Four Seasons Resort Jimbaran Bay
Jimbaran, Kuta Selatan
Bali – Indonesia
Phone. +62 361 701 010
Four Seasons Resort Sayan
Jl. Raya Sayan, Sayan, Ubud,
Bali – Indonesia
Phone. +62 361 977 577