For food lovers planning a culinary adventure, here are a few tips for a safe and enjoyable experience while gulping down daring delicacies.
Tales abound of travellers who would give their lives for the most daring delicacies around the globe. They go in search of foods suitable only for those with strong stomachs and brave souls. Here are some tips for your own food adventures:
1. Do some research on the area you intend to visit and what the local food is like.
2. Take some vitamins to boost your immune system so you stay healthy while travelling.
3. Bring any allergy medicine you need, and something for diarrhoea.
4. Consult your doctor before your food adventure about what you can and cannot eat.
5. Get information from local residents on the best places to sample the local specialties.
6. Pay attention to hygiene when sampling the street food.
7. Don’t be afraid to ask what exactly is on your plate.
8. When you are not sure, do not eat the food.
9. Make sure that the food you are going to eat is safe, especially when it is poisonous, make sure the chefs are well trained to deal with the preparation.
Text by Abyana Mohd. Nizam