With holiday seasons fast approaching, some of us have plans to travel. Before traveling the last thing you want to do is over pack. That’s, why you need a packing list for all things you would like to bring. Here are some tips to help you with the rush of packing:
* You must pick your clothes that coordinate well together, based around complimentary colors and every occasion. You also should select clothing which can be mixed and matched, fast drying fabric, wrinkle-resistant or wrinkle-proof clothing, and clothes that can be layered.
* Check the weather forecast of your destination and plan accordingly. Its will help you to prepare for any eventuality. You might want to pack a small umbrella or a raincoat if your destination is rainy. A set of modern long-underwear, and a heavy sweater or two lighter ones that you can layer if the weather is cold. And, don’t forget to bring a hat if you are going to be someplace sunny.
* Bring your best shoe that is depending on the local condition and weather, such as insulated boots for colder weather or sandals for hot climates. But, the most important is you should bring one pair of your shoes which is comfortable for you to wear for a whole day while walking several miles. You must make sure to choose shoes that you can match with the majority of your travel wardrobe.
* Make sure about hotel’s in-room amenities that you will use there, such as a hair dryer, an iron and board, soap, shampoo, towel, etc. It will help you to know what you should leave behind. If you must bring your toiletries, don’t take the full size; choose the simple travel size ones.
* Don’t bring to much jewelry or anything that’s too valuable to lose. Just bring a simple jewelry set that allows you to be comfortable.
* Keep your makeup to a minimum to save space, and leave the perfume behind when scented lotion will work just as well.
* Bring your first-aid kit, and repair items if you use your car in your traveling. Don’t take full size items, just bring what you need.
* Don’t forget to carry your travel documents, your money, medication, traveler’s check, keys and other valuable in your carry-on luggage. This entire item should never be packed in checked luggage.
* It’s wise to try on everything you’re planning to bring so everything looks as good as you think it will. Always remember that you should pack things based on your style, destination, and the activities you will be doing. Make sure you have a great time, bring your favorite, most comfortable clothes. Bringing your favorite clothes is important because you won’t mind having less and you’ll still be confident and stylish at the same time.
Now you should be confident and stress free ready to enjoy the adventure that lies ahead of you on your up and coming holiday.
Photo courtesy of Rimowa